Phycologically people feel they have a more modern system if it updates
more frequently. There should be no reason why minor items can't be
released quickly in a more agile way. I suspect though we need to move out
of incubator status for that because there are a lot of rounds of approval
before code gets released.

You could have large core releases once or twice a year and many minor
updates imbetween.

This is a personal thing but I would like to get the updates without
downloading a new version of the ide every time. Letting the ide auto
update would be nice. I guess that could only happen when the module update
issue is resolved