Came in late in the discussion so not sure what is presently in use for
Netbeans but figured I’d mention.

Looking at the Tomcat BUILDING.txt, the ant build script (see release target
for dependencies) it appears to use an open source installer (see
https://nsis.sourceforge.io/Main_Page ) as part of its build process.

On none Windows environments it also uses Wine to build with.

Eric Bresie
ebre...@gmail.com