Ok all the thread has died down and reading where there is a strong
consensus the main thing that comes out the other end here is the
desire for 'undo'.  I believe this is well captured in [1].

Other ideas where presented here that are also interesting and perhaps
once we get make progress on the other more clarity will occur on
those.  Great discussion all - thanks!

Joe

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Configuration+Management+of+Flows