Uwe,
   No, the index.html is generated for you.  additionalDetails.html is your
responsibility only if you feel like the generated index.html doesn't fully
describe your processor.

   I would guess 80% of the included processors do not have
additionalDetails.html.  If you haven't browsed here [1] at examples of the
generated index.html and user supplied additionalDetails.html, it might
clear things up.

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs.html

Dan