Github user taftster commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/272#issuecomment-199086081

    This pull request is not strictly dealing with NIFI-1620.  The edge case of
suppressing the Content-Type header for an empty message-body makes sense to
fix and address. NIFI-1620 is dealing with this edge case.

    However, this PR is adding the ability to specify an HTTP request
message-body directly as a property of InvokeHTTP.  In my opinion, this is not
a desired feature, and I am -1 on this.  A static message-body can always be
provided in a dataflow using a tool like ReplaceText; keeping the semantics
that InvokeHTTP always reads from flowfile payloads has a good consistency.

    Recommend that this PR focus solely on the problem dealing with
Content-Type of an empty payload for a POST/PUT operation.  Another JIRA can be
opened to discuss the merits of how to provide static content to an HTTP
transaction.

---
with INFRA.
---