Well that's great to hear, Joe.  Thanks for gathering a bit more info.

We should have tests that are a bit more resilient to varying network
conditions.  I know we got nabbed by a few when the project first started
incubation  To that end, if you know of anything specific between the two
routers so that we can address in the tests and/or potentially in the code
itself would be supremely helpful.  As another point of data, just ran a
full build completely network disconnected and things seemed fine with
Kafka although a few others had issues.  Will create a ticket for those.

A bit bewildering as to how OS X and Ubuntu failed but CentOS was fine.