As a consumer of NiFi and a developer of proprietary processors I'm a
little concerned by what I see here too. In fact, I'd like to read some
document supporting/justifying the UI changes, which is not to say that I
presume to condemn them, just that I'd like to understand the reasoning.
The existing NiFi UI was already very good.

NiFi rocks; I hope it will keep rocking!