I think if you can't commit or move to dist/release, the last bit of the
release, (moving them over) won't work. I didn't have the issue you
mentioned with the KEYS file, but I think you mentioned to me out of band
the two files were different before you got started (
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/nifi/KEYS vs
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/nifi/KEYS) . I'll investigate
that bit.

I could be wrong, but if your key is in https://dist.apache.org/repos/
dist/dev/nifi/KEYS, then you would be able to put together the release
candidate even with the svn permission problems you're having, as that move
to dist/release comes only after the vote is successful.

I also don't know what the permissions _should_ be for dist/release, I did
some cursory searching on the ASF docs to find something, but was not
successful.

Tony