If the items are on dev/dist the vote can happen.  Once approved a pmc
member can move them from there.

Thanks!
Joe

On Oct 16, 2016 5:58 PM, "Tony Kurc" <trk...@gmail.com> wrote:

Joe,
For 0.7.1, I'll take care of getting KEYS right in the release directory. I
believe that I (or another PMC member) can also perform the move to
release. It sounds like once I get the KEYS sorted, we're ready for a vote.

As for the perms on the dist directories, it sounds like we may have some
things to sort out before the next committer (and not PMC member) can do a
release, and we may need to update the docs.

Tony

On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 5:53 PM, Joe Skora <jsk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. I was able to perform the release as you expected and create the
> staging repository.  :-D
>
> 2. I have not sent the release vote email because the template states
> "KEYS file available here:https://dist.apache.org/
> repos/dist/release/nifi/KEYS" but my keys are not included there yet.
>
> 3. I contacted the INFRA team via HipChat and they said that normally only
> the PMC can commit to dist/*, but the PMC can extend the privilege to
> committers.  Thus, I should not have been able to commit to dist/dev
> either.  (I've attached a copy of the chat.)
>
> So it appears that unless permissions are specially granted, the release
> manager role does require PMC membership.
>
> How do you want to proceed?
>
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 5:09 PM, Tony Kurc <trk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Also, it looks like the difference between the KEYS file on dev and
>> release
>> prior to you adding your key to dev is that it looks like Joe Percivall's
>> key was sort of added twice to the release repo.
>>
>> dev KEYS before Joe Skora addition:
>>  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/nifi/KEYS?p=14135
>>
>> release KEYS now :
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/nifi/KEYS?p=14117
>>
>> release KEYS before Joe Percivall addition (major difference is adding
two
>> identical key blocks)
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/nifi/KEYS?p=14116
>>
>> We should tidy that up when the next release is ready.
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 2:10 PM, Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I'm thinking the same thing Tony.  Joe you should be able to do the
>> > full process and we just might need to help with the final push of the
>> > official bits to the release directory.  In parallel please submit a
>> > request to INFRA on permissions for that folder.  Perhaps there is
>> > something else I need to activate though I'm not aware of anything.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Joe

>> the
>> band