I think the logic Matt B described would make a lot of sense to experienced
users, but it is changing behavior of the action and that *could* confuse
new users.

But as Lee brought up it is already being used differently, so it very well
could be appreciated as learned behavior.

It would be nice to expose common actions (like configure) on the faces of
components so they are only a single click away. However, it would be tough
to add more to them given current layouts.

Rob