1.
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/d58f8edd36eff155f061e84229dc035a71ea5cd7f0fa622bdd1a5dd0%40%3Clegal-discuss.apache.org%3E

To be clear, I am the copyright holder on by far the majority, but there are others as well.  People who submit code have the option of declaring how they wanted present the copyright.  Much of the code attributes the copyrighted since it derives from code that I originally produced.  Many people granted me the copyright just for situations like the present.  There are several cases of other copyrights was well.  Most changes generated by businesses like Pinecone or Sony are copyright by them.  Some individuals wanted to hold the copyright themselves.

Greg