Hi,

> Also, there are no unmodified 3rd party files.  Third party files were used
> as starting points for the development of NuttX-specific applications.  All
> were highly modified and converted to the NuttX coding standard.

See here for how to treat 3rd party works [1]. In general the changes need to
be significant for the header to change. reformatting or even rewriting in
another language is not a significant change as far a copyright/licensing is
concerned.

> We also do a less common thing that you should be aware of:  We have build
> scripts that download 3rd party code from the source repositories or
> releases, apply patches to it, and build it into NuttX.

That's fine as long as the licenses are not Category X.[2]

> The 3rd party code itself is never included in a NuttX release but the
> scripts that will install it are.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party