I would rather use an IRC channel than slack :p

Where is this channel? Freenode? #nuttx ?

Sebastien

On 12/15/19 11:05 PM, Gregory Nutt wrote:

Communication stuff
I still see the slack channels, but they will go away? The IRC channel will get back up in IRC apache? Linked in yes no? What the communication plan??!
Slack is shutting down. I tried to login earlier to deactivate myself
and it turns out that I was already deactivated. So it might be gone
already.

Any member listed as inactive (meaning they are not actively using Slack) get deactivated.  When all members are deactivated, Slack will disappear.

You may as well stop using Slack.  There will not be anything there to talk to and no one will read the posts.  That would be helpful.

Apache supports a Slack.  But it is only available for posting by project members. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Slack+Guest+Invites No members can join into a single channel, but I am not sure exactly how that works.  The sign-up is here http://s.apache.org/slack-invite

I don't think IRC plans were discussed at all. We should start a
separate thread about that too.

Do people still use the IRC channel?  I haven't been there is months, maybe years.