I created a #nuttx Slack channel in the ASF Slack.  My understanding is
that anyone can join a single channel even if you are not a project member.
If I may... I'm not sure that's such a great idea.

I'm open to reconsider if there's a reason to have a slack that I'm
not seeing, but I think it could cause trouble.

Reasoning: It splits our communications. I'd rather consolidate, not split...

Slack is useful for certain kinds of activities such as focusing on working through technical issues.  It is great for that fast brainstorming to work through technical issues.  Using it as a substitute for email is not so good.

The only negative thing I recall Justin saying about Slack is that is doesn't work so good across large time zones.