Hi,
.

> That's basically true of IRC, conference call, or any real time
> communication.

Email has many advantages:
- it allows anyone not matter their day job or time zone to take part
- it tends to have a higher ratio of informational content
- its easily searchable and archived
- it has subjects so you skim to see what to read
- it's threaded
- users have choice of clients with many features including smart ways of
marking or grouping messages

Maybe we can have the slack or whichever medium, but when there is going to
> be a meeting there, post about it to the mailing list so others who might
> be interested could have a chance?

Some may still be unable to attend so it best if a summary be brought back
to the list.

Given the choice of attending a metering and reading a good summary I know
what I would choose. :-)

Thanks,
Justin