The 2 and 3 is to contrast HARD against EASY. This is so ALL of us can
realize we are not suggesting doing what is expedient*, What is being
suggested is doing what is right. I am having a really hard time to get you
to see this is not about EASY. It is subtle.

>I don't know if my understanding of the proposal is correct (I think
I've confused 2 and 3 a couple of times).  But I can't imagine a problem
with the testing/ repository that holds sub-modules.  The user would not
be impacted by such a thing in any.

Yes they are an end-user needs to pull nuttx and apps at any instant in time
and have them be in sync.

*there is no intent to violate the inviolate