> If we adopt the naming conventions of using pr in the branch name then the
> fact it is a PR is self referential in nay context command line/web/tablet
>
>> These random named and created branches just confuse people who clone the
>> repo.
>
> I agree with is in part, naming as in the OS is key
>
> 'master_imxrt' is too  master_imxrt
> `stage` is too vague
> `master-pr-imxrt_imxrt_fixes` - Says what it is: A PR against the branch
> master that fixes the imxrt.
>
> master has always been master in the context of nuttx and as well on gitub as
> the default branch.

we should consider adopting a naming convention that classifies the category of
the PR.  BitBucket’s scheme works very well and helps keep live (yet to be
reviewed/merged) branches organized:

bugfix/<descriptive-name-of-bug>
a simple fix for some bug in OS, driver, or app...
hotfix/<descriptive-name-of-bug>
an emergency fix to some bug in a released version
feature/<descriptive-name-of-new-feature>
add a new driver, or new feature
releases/<number-or-descriptive-name>
if a release need to be patched, the hotfix first applies here, then can be
cherry-picked and merged to master.

Regards,
-david