I understand you concerns.  I have them too.  Things do not look good now.  The brand has been damaged.  And things will probably get worse before they get better.  How optimistic am I in that? Not very.  But there are some very talented people who volunteered to work on this project and I hope they/we can all learn to work together better.

If not, NuttX will enter  into its dark ages, lose its following, and become irrelevant like so many RTOSs before it.

We can only wait and see.  Buy some popcorn and try to get a seat in the front row.  It will be interesting.

Greg