There are several things I don't like about this proposal:

   - It is in complete conflict with everything we have discussed about
   the commit workflow

   - I think is is suggest out of panic.  We have plenty of times to do
   things right or to do things better.  There will be no pressing need
   until the work week begins after the New Year

   - It is an emergency measure and absolutely must not become the
   default workflow.  If we put this in place, how do we get rid of
   it?  Perhaps it should expire automatically after two weeks?

I will have to vote -1 on this proposal with out some assurance that it is not a disease that we cannot recover from /EASILY/ without another vote.  I would vote 0 if there there is such an assurance.

Greg