Hi,

Apache has a concept of small reversible steps, if something can move the
project forward, try it out, it it doesn’t work or you find a problem need just
make another small step in the right direction.

Many many Apache projects use CTR (commit and review later) and have simple
workflows and the sky doesn’t fall in and the code quality is still
exceptional. While that doesn’t mean this project need to go down that path,
perhaps however think about how likely the worse outcome is and how easily it
will be to fix. You have many many eyes on the codebase, attracting more
committers make that easier. Setting the committer bat too high or having a
process that is too difficult to follow can stop committers from contributing
and perhaps even kill the project. I can point to some examples, one in
particular keep denying right to the end that "code quality” was more important
than having committers until it reached a point where it had no active
committers You primary concern should be to make it easy for people to get
involved and grow the community.

I would also suggest you try to slow down the conversation here and think a
little more about what you write, that way you get higher quality responses.
There is much honour in the email not sent.

Thanks,
Justin