HI,

> Haitao Liu was once proposed as a committer only so that he could have access
> to repositories in order to do his job.  We were told that we should not do
> that because he does not have a demonstrated track record of contributions to
> the Apache NuttX project.

That would be correct, but it not a hard issue to solve have them show up and
do stuff. Anyone shovel be able to become a committer in a short period of time
by interacting on the mailing list and making contributions.

> But we were also told that there was another mechanism for granting github
> access to Haitao so the he was not need to be an official committer.

We can give other people access to confluence but not github only committers
have access to that.

> Can any mentor please expand on this and provide us with the steps that we
> need to do to grant github access to Haitao.

Make contributions, and be voting in as a committer is the best path.

> An option might be to mirror that incubator-nuttx* repositories at
> github.com/NuttX.

Work on an Apache project should happen in Apache repos.

Thanks,
Justin