Hi Christofer,

On 10/17/23, Christofer Dutz <cd...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just came across this thread while reviewing your last board report.
> In the PLC4X project we have CAN drivers and we Support C in PLC4C.
> However nobody has ported CAN driver to C yet (But thanks to our code
> generation it should be quite simple).
>
> Perhaps switching to a fully Apache Licensed driver could help resolve this
> issue?

I think it is not possible because the driver also needs to support
Linux kernel.

To be honest I don't see a big issue of a driver as dual license, we
already have SocketCAN and other drivers as dual license (GPL and
Apache, BSD and Apache, etc). The original Author said the want is to
be released as dual license: A or license B.

The License war is terrible, I think there is not a single license
compatible with all, even CC0, BSD or public domain cannot be used as
freely was we think. Many countries law, companies, patents, etc,
involved.

BR,

Alan