Thanks a lot Adrian for this work. I am really interested in it.

David E Jones escribió:

> I'm not totally sure what you have in mind here, but I'll keep an eye
> out for more info from you and see if I can help out.
>
> IMO the main priority for this is to properly support time zones. I'm
> still a big fan of the descending date/time format instead of using
> localized formats. The problem with those is that there are either too
> few or too many "standards" and so unless you show a format string
> with every input box it can be VERY confusing and frustrating to
> figure out how to type in a date and/or time. We also need to keep in
> the mind that the popup window for date selection would need to have
> something passed into it so it knows how to format the date/time
> string based on the selection.
IMO descending date/time is great for queries on databases but not for
human input. Most ERPs I've seen have support for localized formats.

I agree however about the "too many standards" problem. To solve this
either a properties file with "locale-date_format" entries or a new
entity with this info could be used.

WDYT?

--
Daniel