Ean Schuessler wrote:
On Monday 30 July 2007 12:24:13 am David E Jones wrote:
This is a good question... Right now these are mainly used for special
pages and we don't really have framework use of these yet, so I'd say at
this point we'll just have to see how things shake out!

The two main contenders in our discussions about this were Prototype and
DOJO... so hopefully we won't have too much others coming in that will need
to be shaken out. If necessary we'll trim one of these, but we might even
want to keep both... I don't know though...

Does anyone else have any thoughts on the best thing to do here?

We really do have to look at JQuery. Seriously. I've been using it for various things and its tiny, its fast and its a pleasure to work with. Watch JQuery hand Dojo its papers on these two Fisheye menu implementations:

Dojo:
http://dojotoolkit.org/demos/fisheye-demo

JQuery:
http://interface.eyecon.ro/demos/fisheye.html