Using that logic, you could say that almost any previous bugs were
really "as-implemented" features and no changes should ever be made to
the current release branch.
If it was found somewhere in ofbiz that sensitive information was
submitted over http instead of https, would that be considered a bug?
Or would it be discounted as "well, it's a bad choice but that's how it
was implemented"?

I understand that the difficult thing about this is that the bug/feature
line has to be drawn somewhere.  (I know where I'd draw it, especially
on security related issues.)

I'm curious to see how things pan out on this.  It will tell me how
seriously security is taken by the people driving ofbiz.

Mike