I hope I don't burst any bubbles... but this specific paragraph has a couple of real doosies (IMO of course):

On Nov 22, 2007, at 10:23 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I was also trying to point out that "obvious" is always relative to
experience and education.

To some extend, yes, but I think you gave examples of where this is not the case. The real point of this was the informational content, ie the lack of redundancy and other information theory 101 types of things (well, that certainly wasn't a 101 class when I took it, but this part of it is a basic concept).

I promise you that over the life of Ofbiz
(assuming that it becomes as successful as I think it will), the majority of those who write code for it will have zero business experience and little to
no database experience.

This may very well be the case, of course all such people are welcome in the OFBiz world. However (and this might be the big bubble bursting part...), if such people think they can contribute over a reasonable scope and period of time they will HAVE to learn about such things. These are things that are not made up in OFBiz, but rather things in the world that OFBiz uses (ie OFBiz is a consumer or carrier of the concepts not the producer).

I'm guessing you get this and the above was just a partial thought... if so forgive me for taking your thought and walking with it for a bit.