> I still maintain that there is no such thing as too much documentation
> (unless it's bad).

I'm ok with that. I don't have a war machine behind a banner called "death to redundant documentation". :) I don't have war machines at all.

You just gave me an important tip. Is it true that a book on "OFBiz: business application guide" will be more useful than "OFBiz: a framework guide"?

The former is incredibly vast.

It seems you agreed with the fact that OFBiz projects need at least one OFBiz expert who knows all of OFBiz the business application. May work even if he doesn't know the framework stuff.

Jonathon

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Jonathon

I still maintain that there is no such thing as too much documentation
(unless it's bad).  I have hundreds of books that refer to regularly so I
don't have to remember details I us only infrequently.

I initially was going to put a screen designer with me on the current
project to write the widget and ftl code because I don't have the
imagination to be able to know a good UI screen before I see it working and
others with us do.  Sadly, that did not work because I spent so much time
hunting down answers to questions like "what does this field do?" that I
couldn't get any work done.

Such a shame too because these excellent UI designers are typically poor
programmers.

Skip