Pierre Smits <pierresm...@apache.org> writes:

> I believe there are a few more where testing individual test-suites and/or
> test-cases are dependent on data loaded in other test-suites and/or other
> test-cases.

I have the same experience.  Moreover another source of fragility is
that tests depend on other tests within a single OFBiz “test-case”,
meaning one test can depend on the data produced by another test.  This
is acceptable for a “simple-method-test” because the order of execution
is sequential and managed by OFBiz, but this is problematic for JUnit
tests (Groovy, Java) because the order while being deterministic depends
on the arbitrary order imposed by the JVM.

For example I know for a fact that “QuoteTests.groovy” is suffering from
that issue.

> While I don't hear/read about failing testIntegration (except where code in
> the base is faulty, not when test-suites/cases are faulty), I see following
> failures in test executions in OFBiz against jdk11:
>

>    1. Execution failed for task ':ofbiz --test component=webapp --test
>    suitename=webapptests'.
>    2. Execution failed for task ':ofbiz --test component=accounting --test
>    suitename=invoicetest'.
>    3. Execution failed for task ':ofbiz --test component=order --test
>    suitename=ordertests'.
>    4. Execution failed for task ':ofbiz --test component=product --test
>    suitename=producttests'.
>
> Do we have these test failing also when doing the test execution against
> jdk8?
> *Caveat: I recently set this up, so there may still be some configuration
> issues in the jdk11-test setup.. *

I have just tested the “ordertests” test-suite with Icedtea 3.7 (jdk-8)
and it is still failing, so it seems unrelated in that case.

Thanks.

--
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37