Hi All,

I read all articles and I agree with Mathieu and Paul.

Here are my conclusions.

TL;DR: like Mathieu and Paul said, it's not a list problem it's a sender
problem. But the devil is in the details...

More about that:

I use Reply to list in Thunderbird, because I was forced to do so at some point. I can't exactly remember when and I did not think much about it then. Just that it was convenient for me. I was certainly using either Reply to all or Reply to before, I can't remember clearly.

Reading http://david.woodhou.se/reply-to-list.html I know understand the implications of using Reply to list (when it's available). It's not fair for users who are not subscribed (but damn they earn it! :p).

So as mentioned by Mathieu[1], there is a better solution than Reply to list in Thunderbird. BTW I financially support Thunderbird from time to time, hopefully it will live long.
But [2] shows that it's the only MUA (Mail User Agent) doing so completely. And
we don't know about webmail, notably Gmail!

Now come some questions:

I suspect users with Gmail are simply using Reply All when they involuntarilysend
"duplicates" (1 to list, another directly to initial sender).
I got much of them when I sent
"Welcome to Pawan Verma as new committer!"
and "Welcome to Deepak Nigam as new committer!"

It seems this behaviour changed in 2011[3], and there is not much choice about
it[4]

So at this stage I'm not for changing things.
Even adding "Mail-Followup-To" in header is not recommended[5].

   <<Should my mailing list manager set up Mail-Followup-To?
   No. This would prevent non-subscribers from receiving copies of messages. It
would fragment cross-posted discussions, sending some followups to
   your list alone while other followups are sent to both lists. You should leave
Mail-Followup-To control in the hands of the original author. >>

I still can add it in Thunderbird though[5] \o/. For Gmail I don't know if there is a solution. Maybe extensions in Chrome (I guess Gmail users use the whole Alphabet's panoply)?

[1]
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Help_Documentation:Mail-Followup-To_and_Mail-Reply-To#Configure_Thunderbird
[2] https://www.leptonite.org/mft/software.html
[3]
https://ask.metafilter.com/180457/gmail-reply-all-wierdness-with-mailing-lists
[4]
https://webapps.stackexchange.com/questions/37046/making-gmail-to-use-reply-all-automatically-in-mailing-list-replies
[5] http://cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html

I would add a -0.2 to Paul's vote if necessary :)

Thanks Mathieu and Paul,

I began to prepare a formal answer to Mathieu, now I have to read 3 more
articles before formally answering :D

At least I have made my mind up

Jacques