i'm currently using Typescript in a project with OFbiz, but its in an
Angular 8 context. Using OFbiz as an AppServer only, I'm not using any
OFbiz widgets.  It's worth investing in Typescript if you intend to create
a whole new frontend.  Merging with existing OFbiz widgets is almost
impossible.

Gavin