On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 8:51 AM Jacques Le Roux <
jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yesterday I have a short discussion with Pierre Smits about Github PRs and
> Jira.
>
> Pierre was asking about https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/pulls I
> answered that our workflow is to contribute patches through Jira.

Now that we have migrated to Git, in my opinion we should really consider
to adopt the workflow based on PR as our primary method for accepting
contributions. I understand that it is a relevant change for the community,
but I also see many advantages and a more natural (for Git) workflow for
contributors and committers. Contributors would fork from the official repo
and would submit pull requests that the committers would merge into the
official branches.

Thanks to Pierre and Jacques for starting this important topic. Only when
we will finalize this discussion and define our best practices, the
migration to Git is really complete!