+1 to use gitlab features to work around code, that will help
collaboration.

I don't know if there is an Apache alternative to get the features without
Microsoft. But having two official tools to get contribution is not desired.

I guess that using existent Github should be ok for official pull
request, if not, it's always ok to have and attached patch or
other gitlab reference.

Gil