Hi,

The diversity team has provided a tool which helps in this regard. I made a
try, here are the results:

https://clc.diversity.apache.org/projects.html

Some are easy to replace (eg "master" by "main" in some places), I'll change
them. Some need to be excluded. All 3rd libs for instance.

Help appreciated

Hi,

After a discussion between ASF members, I saw that an effort has been done by Infra, and I guess in some TLPs, to replace some connoted words like blacklist and whitelist.

We have not much occurrences of these words, so I suggest that we replace blacklist and whitelist list respectively by denylist and allowlist as suggested by
https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/51088/alternative-terms-to-blacklist-and-whitelist#answer-51104

There is also this article:
https://developer-tech.com/news/2020/jun/15/github-replace-slavery-terms-master-whitelist/

We have only 1 occurrence of slave in our own code, that would be easy. For
master it's more annoying 1771 occurrences, so that would need a review.

What do you think?