Of course if you know nothing about REST (like me last week) this may *really* help : http://tomayko.com/articles/2004/12/12/rest-to-my-wife

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
What about using REST along with other ways ?
I know this is possible in OFBiz. My question is more because I wonder why I did not see any use of this word but in questions from Vedam in November.

Jacques

From: "David E Jones" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
It is certainly possible, and I'm aware of a few efforts to create
things like this based on OFBiz.

The term "client server" usually refers to a heavier client
application talking directly to the database server, and that is
basically what the POS application is (using a Swing UI, based on XUI).

Another, generally better, approach is to have a lighter application
that talks to service on an application server. The OFBiz framework
supports this easily as well talking to the server in limited ways
using SOAP or XML-RPC, or more flexibly with a remote dispatcher for
the OFBiz Service Engine. For example code and comments describing how
to use it see the java file for:

org.ofbiz.service.rmi.ExampleRemoteClient

-David