On Jan 7, 2008, at 5:14 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

From: "David E Jones" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
REST is a more general architectural concept... what does it have to
do with this? In other words, I'm not quite sure what you mean by
"REST along with other ways".

-David

As BJ suggested in http://www.xfront.com/REST-Web-Services.html you can create Web services in REST spirit. I know this have some limitations (regarding object types arguments) but don't you think it's a best practice to use this type of Web services before thinking about using SOAP when you are in an heterogeneous environment (ie not only Java using RMI) ?

Jacques

How would we implement a REST type web service interface?