+1 (for Ubuntu like)

Jacques

From: "Bruno Busco" <bruno.bu...@gmail.com>

How we want to do this is a good question. I suppose defining a release
target is the way to go, and we can use that for bug reporting after the
branch is created as well.

Yes, this is the way JIRA is supposed to be used.

If we do that this next release could simply be "release2009", or if we
want to be more specific and perhaps use the Ubuntu model (and assuming
we're planning for a release in March) we could use something like
"release9.3". I think I like the simple release2009 better...

Any other opinions?

I would prefer the "release9.3" scheme, since it will allow us to have more
that one release in a year (just in case). It will give very soon a more
precise indication of the time in which the release was done.

The version string can be created in JIRA as release9.3, than, if for any
reason we miss the month (or if we finish earlier) we will rename it.

If there are no objections I will create a "release 9.3" version scheduled
for march 2009.

-Bruno

-David