Not sure if it's really the 1st (you know IT industry existed for 3 decades when Microsoft appeared). Adding the month Ubuntu is a bit more precise

Jacques

From: "Shi Yusen" <sh...@langhua.cn>
I guess Microsoft is the first to use this style. Windows 3.0, Windows
3.1, Windows 95, actually Windows 4.0, Windows 98, actually Windows
4.1...

在 2009-03-27五的 09:09 +0100,Jacques Le Roux写道:
Maybe that's why Ubuntu renumbered Dapper Drake from 6.04 to 6.06  ?
(Actually I think it was from real delays they got)

Jacques
PS : don't you think OFBiz is sufficiently important to have versions names like Ubuntu
does ? Could be "Wind not superstitious".
Mmm... I'm bad at marketing, noway... :D

From: "Shi Yusen" <sh...@langhua.cn>

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Press+Release+for+Release+Branch+9.3