+1

--
Ashish Vijaywargiya

David E Jones wrote:

I'm thinking we should delay the release branch for a couple of weeks. Some reasons:

1. more opportunity to collaborate with the PRC on the press release

2. time to find and fix more issue relating to the new security policy of no fields submitted to service-backed events in the URL, ie the link to form conversion thingy that is underway (I thought we were closer than we are, and I'm guessing it will take a little time for all of these to shake out)

3. time to get myportal generalized and moved to framework

4. time to get the new OFBiz home page and sub-content in place, and time for more people (outside of the PMC so far) to offer feedback on it

5. opportunity to compile a larger list of new features (basically effort going into expanding the "Main New Features" page), and perhaps other marketing related things in and outside of OFBiz (ie: if you are a service or derivative work or whatever provider, this is your chance to fancy up your web site and other things before the PR push related to the release branch!)

6. other things?

In short, there are a few things up in the air that would be nice to have happen around the same time as the release branch. It's true that the cutoff date for the release branch is somewhat arbitrary, or in other words that features in the branch aren't as big a deal as the focus for the release branch is stabilization and not new features. Still, this release branch should be the main stabilized branch for the next 1-2 years for OFBiz, so fixing issues we know are in the trunk before the branch will help things considerably.

We haven't voted on an official date or anything, and won't until the actual date to release, so this is all about communication for the sake of coordination.

Comments more than welcome. In fact, I demand that you comment right now! ;)

-David