From: "Scott Gray" <scott.g...@hotwaxmedia.com>
On 27/11/2009, at 12:06 PM, Adam Heath wrote:

Scott Gray wrote:
Yeah +1 from me, I just wanted to make sure we had some tangible
benefits in mind and I didn't really see the dbcp library problem  we had
as being a good reason for the switch since it was easily resolved.

Plus 1.6 hotspot is wicked smarter, and faster.

These sorts of improvements are available right now simply by running  OFBiz on
1.6 though right?

Yes.

1) I proposed initially jdk 1.6 move because of the DBCP issue. I agree now
with Scott. Maybe we can wait to be in a situation that
really forces us to move ahead. It's simply pragmatic: why working on an issue
that does not exist yet? Even if we are sure we will
cross them.

2) I don't care about Cloudscape, 0 for me. Though yes why not clean up things
a bit  ? So 0.001 :o)

3) On the Workflow/Shark components issue, we could have the same attitude. We
crossed an issue we know that will come again. Scott
proposed to handle it (the problems comes from generating Shark Javadoc, we can
disable it -Workflow too - as we currently disable
Shark and Workflow compilations). Moreover I suggested to move them in a new
deprecated directories just under root but disconnected
from current work. We would isolate there as well all deprecated components in the future. There they will be easy to spot. And if we put
special directions on how to use them (like we have currently in
OPTIONNAL_LIBRARIES for Shark) we would not have to care about them
anymore. If someone want to use/improve them: fell free...

Birt will be integrated soon, I think we all agree. For now, as Scott said,
licence issues are a no no.
Fell free to update Junit.

I would say: let's be pragmatic, we have enough interesting other things to
do...