I suppose we are shameless optimists and hope that people will choose to
collaborate with other people using the software, and perhaps even participate
in the development.

Still, I agree the big download button is a bad design and I never liked it
given that there are various options to download and personally I like the idea
of making people make choices... ;)

-David