Hi Ruth,

Thanks for looking into it and replying.
I imagine a case where customer is asking for the status of his order to Company CSR as he was successful in placing an order from ecommerce application with a wrong email address, which was syntactically correct. But company didn't receive any email because of email sending failure. I accept that there is a way for CSR to go to the order manager and find the appropriate order but usually CSR or Company executive logs in to the order manager only when they receive an email for an order. Also the general behavior of mail client.

Also think of an organization where they don't want to login to the back office application and they manage their order in other systems based on the order email notifications. Then the only way to know about any order placed is the email notification that company receives as a BCC receiver.

There may be other ways of handling this or as you said this can be a configuration setting. I would love to hear community opinion on this.

Thanks & Regards
--
Pranay Pandey
HotWax Media | www.hotwaxmedia.com

Ruth Hoffman wrote:
But, I would think in the normal business setting, if the original failed for some reason, you would not want to sent the BCC. Why send a copy if the original failed?
Ruth
Pranay Pandey (JIRA) wrote:
[ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-3379?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel ]

Pranay Pandey updated OFBIZ-3379:
---------------------------------

Here is the patch for review.

Email sending process using one connection for To/CC/BCC causing issues

                Key: OFBIZ-3379
            Project: OFBiz
         Issue Type: Bug
         Components: framework
   Affects Versions: Release Branch 9.04, SVN trunk
           Reporter: Pranay Pandey
            Fix For: Release Branch 9.04, SVN trunk

        Attachments: OFBIZ-3379.patch

Typically BCCs are handled via the sending mail client. That is, when the client sees a BCC in an email, it will open up two connections to the mail server, the first for the To/CC fields, the second for BCC fields, this way the addresses are masked from the headers and there is that layer of anonymity that BCC is used for. What appears to be happening is that OFBiz is sending all of the information in one connection to the mail server and having the mail server sort out the details. So when sendTo encountering an invalid email, and then terminating the remaining execution of the outgoing process and no email sent to BCC address which is usually going to be a valid address from email settings for the company. The fix the issue, we need to send this via two connection to mail client.