On 4/03/2010, at 11:13 AM, Ruth Hoffman wrote:

> Hi Scott:
> Perhaps you are correct. But, these guys are lawyers. What we "think" and
> what is legal are two different matters entirely.

Yes and what they said vs. what your interpretation of what they explained to
you are also two entirely different matters.  Proper attribution is only one
aspect of the ASF's trademark policy and it is all pretty well explained here:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/

That document makes it pretty clear that attribution is not the only concern.