On Mar 22, 2010, at 3:03 PM, Adam Heath wrote:

> Marc Morin wrote:
>> We have also notice that the cache can get polluted with contents from a
>> rolledback transaction!!  Also, the visibility of the objects doesn't
>> respect the transaction boundaries....
>>
>> This has caused some problems, we haven't fixed it yet.... so no patch to
>> contribute... sorry.
>
> Code that modifies entities should not be calling caching variants of
> the delegator.

It shouldn't even be able to... entities from the cache should be set to
read-only (they used to be anyway).

There is still a potential for problems here though, especially if you are
using a ReadUncommitted tx isolation level (ie something is read from the db
and gets into the cache that hasn't been committed yet).

Whatever the case, this is correct: there is no transaction isolation in the
cache.