On 6/04/2010, at 4:48 PM, Adrian Crum wrote:

> Scott Gray wrote:

>>> There never was two competing designs. We had competing branches - both
>>> implemented the same design. On the contrary, we collaborated on the design
>>> - go look at the design document.
>> Okay fair enough, I guess David's branch should be deleted then?
>
> Don't ask ME to do that! ;-) Actually, that branch still contains valuable
> information on his plans to eliminate the circular-dependency issue. I plan
> on tackling that issue next, so it would help if I could refer to it.

I was just trying to bring the situation to a head :-)  I don't care if it
stays or goes.

>> I'm happy to trust your judgement but my advice is that if there is any
>> chance that these changes could cause problems then I really think it should
>> be merged straight after the release branch is created and not before.
>
> You don't have to trust my judgment - go see for yourself. I just synced the
> branch with the trunk - try to make it do something wrong.

Well I could do that, but then I'd have to stop what I'm doing.  I fly back to
NZ on Saturday so my time is short at the moment.

I would certainly like to look at it at some point but I still don't understand
the need to get an unfinished implementation into the release branch.

Regards
Scott