Adrian Crum wrote:
> Actually, this is a bad example - the Staff Meeting temporal expression does
> not contain a date-time value. A better example would be the recurring jobs
> that use a Frequency temporal expression.

The thing we need to focus on here is the entities that have a fromDate
as part of their primary key. If you examine these entries in the seed
data you can see that the current fromDates are largely arbitrary (ie.
Jan 1st, 2001) and are there only to fulfill the primary key.

I believe the point Adam is trying to make is that the moment in time
specified in seed data should not wiggle around depending on where the
import is run. The sets of primary key values specified in seed data
should not cause a duplication if the instance moves across timezones
and seed data is re-imported.

We should not confuse this issue (primary key value definitions in seed)
with specifying actual locally dependent time values (start of business
day, etc.). Those locally dependent time values obviously should reflect
their current timezone.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
e...@brainfood.com