On 7/9/2010 7:00 AM, Adam Heath wrote:
BJ Freeman wrote:
I would like to see one place that enables them all
but if that is not enabled then web.xml would.
with as many components(over 30) I have I would like the all function.

I haven't looked at at any of the code, but what you guys want here is
boolean logic with tri-states.

if web.xml doesn't have the setting, use the global value.
if there is no global value, then default to false.

So you would remove all these settings from all components, then they
would all use the value of the global setting.

But if a pariticular web.xml has the value set, then it would become
disconnected from the global setting.

That was the behavior before Hans changed it. Now local settings are ignored if the global setting is true.

And it isn't tri-state - it's more like inheritance. The widget.properties setting is the default. You can override that setting in web.xml. On top of that you can override both of those settings with a parameter or context variable.

This was discussed during the design phase. My original code just had the widget.properties setting. Someone wanted to set it in web.xml. Someone else wanted to set it in a parameter. The end result satisfied everyone's needs.