What I mean is improve/redo the current CMS to make it assemble e-commerce sites using small plug-ins/components similar to how Druple or Joomla to by plugging in third party e-commerce components. I am thinking of fine grained plug-ins such as product-summary and then decorated by the CMS page using CSS/JS etc.

I see two different usage of CMS in OFBiz. Documents/digital content management and web content management. My input above is for web content management. Using a JCR repository as back end for both will certainly a good idea as it a standard and we can use third party tools to edit the contents.

In summary, my thoughts are to use the native OFBiz application to manage the CMS contents (current one or new one) and use JCR repository for storage.

Regards,

Raj