Erwan,
the portlet Attributes can already be edited by the user. When you go in the
Admin portal pages there is a little icon on each portlet (the pencil with
the paper) that allows the user to access the parameter edit form. The icon
is only visible if the portlet has the edit form registered.
All this was done trying to emulate the portlet that you can find in JIRA.
If you try the dashboard in JIRA you will see the kind of attributes you
will be able to edit in a portlet. For sure you are not allowed to change
the actual screen the portlet renders.
This expose the system in a way that a user could change the screen a
portlet renders to ANY screen by only knowing its name and location.
This is definitively not what the intial portlet system was supposed to do.

Please give a look to these pages I wrote when the Portlet system was
designed. They are not updated but still useful.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Configurable+Dashboard
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Customizing+the+Dashboard

-Bruno