I think there are already too many generic portlets.
The portlet attributes were not thought to be used to change the actual form
a generic portlet will render, the actual menu, etc. They were supposed to
be used by the end user to customiza the portlet just like JIRA does.
In any case I will start committing other changes to the portlet system
(transforming to widget) and then I will come back on this theme.

-Bruno

2010/9/18 Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>

> Erwan, Bruno,
>
> Do you agree on Nicolas's proposition, other opinions?
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "Nicolas Malin" <malin.nico...@librenberry.net>
>
>  I think they are to different visions between you and erwan.
>> With a developper POV it's really easy to define new portlets as you do.
>> With a more functionnal POV, I know many person that prefer create small
>> portlets by reusing existing code  definition in database to design customer
>> sites instead of creating a new file/code.
>>
>> I haven't an opinion on the issue, perhaps there is a possibility to
>> manage the two solutions. I suggest that we create in common a file
>> GenericPagePortlet.xml with an explanation on how to use each of them ?
>>
>> Nicolas
>>

>> Bruno Busco a écrit :
>>
>>> I would simply write:
>>>
>>>    <screen name="MyPortletScreen">
>>>        <section>
>>>            <widgets>
>>>                <screenlet title="${uiLabelMap.MyPortletScreenTitle}"
>>> collapsible="true" id="scrlt_findWorkflowType">
>>>                    <include-form name="findWorkflowType"
>>> location="component://tcm/widget/tcm/IntervTypesForms.xml"/>
>>>                </screenlet>
>>>            </widgets>
>>>        </section>
>>>    </screen>
>>>
>>>    <PortalPortlet portalPortletId="TActWorkflowMgm"  portletName="My
>>> specific portlet name that I could not write"
>>>        screenName="MyPortletScreen"
>>> screenLocation="component://tcm/widget/tcm/IntervTypesScreens.xml"
>>>        description="My specific portlet description that I could not
>>> write"/>
>>>    <PortalPagePortlet portalPageId="TActWorkflowMgmt"
>>> portalPortletId="TActWorkflowMgm" portletSeqId="00001"
>>> columnSeqId="00001"