On 9/17/2010 9:18 AM, David E Jones wrote:
I'm pretty sure I've asked this before, but could you please stop using my name
to try to add legitimacy to your ideas? Just leave me out of it. It's that
simple.

Jacques was the one who brought up your name, and it had nothing to do with "adding legitimacy to my ideas."

I don't even know what "my ideas" would be in this conversation. The security redesign was the result of a mailing list discussion in which many people participated.

Like it or not, you have a history with this project. You and others have been actors in its development. In a discussion of the history of the project, your name - as well as anyone else involved - will come up. That's what happened here. If it bothers you, then that's too bad. I'm not going to rewrite history just so I don't have to use your name.